Sunday 15 November 2009

Update again?

Hey everyone!

I know it's been a while and I've been pretty out of the loop on the Blog/YT community lately. Internet's been crappy still, but I think it's finally been sorted out. huzzah!

So, last night I was feeling inspired and did a couple of videos. The first is an eyeshadow look using MAC's new Smoke & Mirrors palette (from the Holiday 09 collectionof course). The second is a review of a Keristase hair product, which I'll post here in the next couple of days in a text format so you can read it all here too =]

I'm thinking of running a contest, but not sure what theme to use yet... if I ever figure it out, I'll do a video/post here to announce it. I love contests, as I'm sure you do too, so I'm looking forward to holding my first!

So, what have I been up to lately? If you're here for beauty news and reviews, you can totally skip the rest of the blog post, I'm in the mood for a diary-style blog entry tonight for some reason.

My trip to Canada in September was amazing. I only spent two weeks there and I definitely didn't want to come back just yet. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take a whole lot of photos while there either.. I couldn't bring my camera, since it's pretty big and clunky, and needed my luggage space. And my mobile phone died while I was there and then I blew out my travel adapter, oops. So, only a couple pics of me and my good buddy at a block party.

Since then, things have been pretty monotonous. The weather in Canada was around 30 degress Celsius every day, so coming back to the near constant gloom that's been surrounding northeasten England since then was a downer. But still, can't complain too much! I was recently moved to a new team at work and... well, we'll see how it goes. I'm not one to blog a lot about work, but I'll just say I haven't been too thrilled with the change.

Last week I found myself in bed for four days with a case of the stomach flu, which wasn't so much fun... but that's cleared up now and I feel pretty good. More positive than I have in a while, actually! I'm looking forward to a lot, but the main things right now are a Christmas party my best friends over here in Englishland Steph and her boyfriend Lewis will be having the first weekend in December (Hm, maybe I'll get some guest-video-ing on while I'm at their place, since I didn't get to meet up with my darling Nadia while I was in Canada *sadface*!). Then, on the 7th I'm heading off to Cancun with some family, and will be spending two weeks doing not much else but lounging on the beach with a cocktail in hand and a good book =]

All of this is just to say that things have been going predominantly well, and I'm excited to finally have the time and internet access to get involved with this again. I've got a couple reviews lined up that I really need to do, and a few ideas for tutorials I need to film - although, as evidenced by my last two videos, something has been totally whack with the lighting in our office room / my webcam settings lately. Must get that sorted out!

Anyway, enough random rambling. Drop me a comment to let me know how you're doing, if there are any products (Available in UK please!) you want some reviews of.

Have a nice night, dolls!

Vix xox

No comments:

Post a Comment