Thursday 19 March 2009

Striving...

Yesterday, I received my first ever totally random compliment on my makeup. And I gotta say, it totally made my day like you wouldn't believe. I mean, I've had compliments before, but only where they've been part of a conversation. For example, getting ready for a girls' night out, I asked my friend Becca "Is this eyeshadow dark enough?" and she told me she loved how I did my eye makeup. But nothing randomly spontaneous, y'know?

I was at work yesterday afternoon and one of the ladies who sits on my row of desks came over to have me look at something and see if I could help her figure out what to do with it. And as we were going through it, she interrupted herself to tell me that my eyeshadow was "well awesome" or something to that effect. And it totally made my day. Love! I've got photos of yesterday's Face of the Day, which I might upload when I get a chance =]

But that little conversation yesterday, it made me realize that this is something I want to strive for. To put real effort into my everyday makeup, instead of slacking and being plain. I want more days like yesterday. Maybe that makes me selfish and vain, but honestly I don't care. The compliments you don't expect are the ones that really make an impact, and it really made me feel good, both about myself but also about my skill at makeup application.

I'm rambling now, so I'll leave off there for now, but I just wanted to share.

In other news, I'm going to be opening a forum affiliated with my blog, where we all can talk about makeup and skincare and fashion, to post reviews and the like. It's not ready yet, I'm still tinkering with InvisionFree and trying to find a fabtastic skin, but when it's up I'll add a link to my sidebar. Hope to see you there!

XOXO Vix

No comments:

Post a Comment