Monday 16 March 2009

Why The Delay? Also: The 226 <3

Just a quick update to let you know what's going on, and mostly to explain just WHY my HK-Haul isn't up in its full glory yet.

I've been trying to get photos of everything, but the lighting is super bad in here, and my flash is so bright it's reflecting off the packaging and blinding me. So, I need to take some shots in some natural light where flash is not required, and I just haven't had the tim to take pictures yet. Once the last part of the haul has been photographed I'll swatch and share everything with you. Love!

Although at this rate I'm going to be swatching HK at the same time as Sugarsweet, and this is not good. Sigh.

Anyway, that aside, I want to write a little something about the 226 brush.

For those who don't know, the 226 is a tapered blending brush that is perfectly shaped to do eye-contouring-crease work. Oh. My. God. Seriously, this brush makes creasework idiotproof. It applies and blends at the same time, it's just amazing. It makes me wonder how I ever did eye makeup before discovering a brush like this! If you can find somewhere that stocks them (and my personal tip is that the MAC counter in Debenhams at Meadowhall (upstairs, inner entrace for those who do not know... For shame!) still has some, I just picked mine up yesterday after being given the WRONG brush on Saturday afternoon), I very highly suggest this brush. My brush collection is small and still growing, but I can already see that this is going to be an everyday staple in my life. Because it's limited edition (if the MAC people don't seem to know what you're talking about when you say 226, you may have to explain to them that it came with the Brunette Blonde Redhead collection. The three people I spoke to at my MAC counter had no idea what I was on about until I added the collection. I got a "We have a 224 is that it?" no. It is not.) I'm tempted to pick up a spare, but then... I can't really afford to, and I know that if I have a spare, I won't use it. But if I don't get one, I'll need it.

It's a paradox. We'll see, they'll probably be out of stock anyway so I can stop panicking.

I ramble a lot. Also, I use a lot of parentheses. Oh well.

ANYway, that is all. So my proper haulage is coming soon - I did try to upload a video to YouTube but it was way too long even without swatches that there is no way. If I have to break it down into parts I might as well do it properly instead of cutting up my rush-job. And the 226 is the one brush I can't live without, already. Love.

And man, WHO ELSE IS PSYCHED FOR THE SUGARSWEET COLLECTION? A makeup collection based around cupcakes and baking!? This was literally made for people like me! I am so excited. But I'm wondering if I'll be able to afford any Kitty Kouture as well, sigh. Thank god I've started doing overtime, because I am hella going to need it.

This addiction... it's consuming. But oh god, is it worth it.

Ta-ta for now!

Vix xox

No comments:

Post a Comment