Monday 30 March 2009

Tough Decisions

So, after having to use my credit card for the first time last month, and paying it off in full when I got paid on Friday and therefore dwindling off a large chunk of this month's pay, I'm facing some tough choices. And as much as I hate it, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do the right thing.

Here goes. I really cannot afford everything on my Sugarsweet Wish List.

And I'd rather forego an item or two I'd probably never use anyway, than get stuck into a stupid cycle of using the credit card and paying it off next month just to have to use it again. The card, is has a balance of ZERO right now, and I want to keep it that way. And the fact of the matter is, I have slightly less money this month than I thought I would due to an obscenely high gas bill, and the fact that I still have to pay international shipping to get my CP'd NYX Lot Sale purchases sent over from America.

So, my Sugarsweet wishlist has dwindled significantly. Or, it will. I'm just not sure where to start. The Perfect Topping MSF is one thing that I do really want. And I'm agonizing over the rest.

Lollipop Loving and Bubbles lipsticks are super, super gorgeous. But do I really need Saint Germain? I could probably just get away with ordering Snob and pretending I never saw the swatches that foretold of the slight difference between the two. It's a shame, because Saint Germain is the perfect bubblegum pink.

And, oh it pains me to say this but...the shadesticks. Oh, my, some of the shadesticks are going to have to go. I can maybe get a couple but all 5 are just not going to happen.

I hate downsizing, I'm indecisive enough to begin with, but such is the way of the world. If they're in stock at the end of April I have some overtime pay coming to me that means I could get the things I was missing on top of my Rose Romance list... but it's a gamble as to whether or not the things I want will still be in stock.

The life of a working-class makeup addict, it's a toughie.

So, that's where I stand. I wanted to blog about it because this? Having to cut down your wishlist because real things like bills crop up from time to time? This is real life. And I'm all about reality. And I'm trying my damndest not to be about debt.

So my Sugarsweet list is now:

Bubbles Lipstick
Lollipop Loving Lipstick
Perfect Topping MSF
Red Velvet Shadestick
Butternutty Shadestick
Cakeshop Shadestick


After all. I'm not exactly notorious for wearing yellow and orange eye makeup, so I could do without Penny and Lemon Chiffon. At least, that's how I'm rationalizing this to myself. At the end of the day, as much as I may want it, none of the items I've cut out so far were essentials or things I really needed to have.

Whew. I feel a little proud of myself after all that. Sorry for the boring rambling blog post, but there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment